Learn How A Head for Profits Can Help
Zero-waste operations showcase your business’s sustainable practices. Zero-waste, sustainability, environmentally friendly, green… these are all different names for the same philosophy that encourages the reuse of products (kegs, cups, plates, cutlery, etc.) and attempts to keep trash sent to incinerators or landfills as low as possible.
What are the best beverages for zero-waste operations?
Any sort of beverage on tap is the most sustainable choice when serving beverages at your location. Not just beer, but wine, cold brew, cocktails, or anything else from a keg prevents the use and disposal of cans, bottles, etc. At A Head for Profits, we are here to help you maintain those draft systems, allowing you to reuse kegs.
How can I make the most out of my beverage dispensers?
Striving for zero-waste isn’t difficult, and with a few simple adjustments your business’s carbon footprint can be drastically improved, and your customers will hardly notice a difference! By doing the following, your restaurant can make strides toward going green:
- Recycle your kegs and keep your taps clean. Kegs can retain freshness by preventing UV exposure and can be reused over and over. Individual beer cans or bottles are recyclable, but a recycling program needs to be managed and customers may still put the items in the trash bin vs. recycling bin. With the help of A Head for Profits and your local keg beer distributor, you can ensure you are maximizing the possible usage of each keg and tap.
- Enjoy your restaurant’s sustainable operation! Zero-waste beverage containers are not only good for the environment but also taste fresher and more flavorful when the lines are cleaned regularly and the keg cooler is the right temp. Being sustainable is friendly for the environment and cost-effective for restaurants like yours.
What are additional sustainable ways for restaurants to limit their carbon footprint?
Eco-friendly restaurants are becoming more popular as people strive to be more environmentally conscious. Millennials in particular love green initiatives and seek out businesses with sustainable practices. Here are some more tips for making your operations greener:
- Use locally sourced ingredients to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Serve take-out food and drinks in biodegradable or compostable containers.
- Choose eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Invest in energy-efficient equipment from refrigeration to lighting.
- Reduce food waste.
- Use recycled materials for decorations.
Maintaining your equipment and using kegs that are simply cleaned and reused can create less waste overall. By following any of these additional suggestions you can reduce the carbon footprint of your establishment even further.
A Head for Profits can help keep your beverage dispensers as close to zero-waste as possible!
Whether your establishment is new to reducing, reusing, and recycling, or if you have been for years, A Head for Profits is here to help you! We offer keg system services such as installation, repair, and Preventative Maintenance. Small changes to your restaurant’s daily operations can improve its environmental impact, and A Head for Profits would love to assist you in any way we can.